1. Don't wait to pack - the sooner you start the better! And start hoarding those free boxes from your local grocery store!
2. Notify your landlord and utility companies, of your move and don't forget to update your insurance policies!
3. Get an in-home moving estimate so you're not surprised by the expense.
4. Make a list of all the services and professionals you currently use and will need to replace. Start researching their replacements before you move.
5. Keep a list of your boxes and furniture. Number them so you can be sure nothing is left behind or gets lost in the move. This is especially important if you have a group of people helping you move!
6. If you have any pets, let them stay with friends while you're loading the van. Avoid the stress of worrying if the movers let the cat out by accident!
7. Keep your necessities close! - Pack a few boxes you can live out of for a few days while you unpack. you need: bedding; a change of clothes and pajamas; toilet paper; soap; towels; toothpaste and toothbrushes; lightbulbs; flashlight and batteries; cups and utensils; napkins and paper plates; and the pet's bowls and food.
8. When packing, stand framed pictures and dishes on their ends rather than laying them flat. This will help avoid breakage.
If you or someone you know is considering a move to the Hamilton-Burlington area, don't hesitate to give us a call. The Thompson Hart Real Estate Team is dedicated to helping our clients find their dream home. Our agents are reliable, professional and experienced. Check out our testimonials page and see what our clients are saying about us! Remember, friends don't let friends use bad realtors!